We are what we eat, feel, and do, and each of these factors is connected to each other. Our diet contributes directly to how we feel and, how we feel contributes to what we do. If we prepare and eat fresh, natural, and colorful foods every day, surely it will help balance our emotions and we will be more energized and focused.
The body needs raw vegetables on a daily basis to function at its best. Whether it is Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter, this recipe is a perfect combination of good quality protein, fat, carbs, fibre, vitamins, and minerals, which we can offer our bodies any time of the year!
There are a few suggestions for this recipe that I would like to share. You can substitute the black beans for any kind of pulse, so you can use whichever you have at hand. For better texture and taste, crush salted cashew nuts and maybe use a few just for decoration. This way you will have a crunchy yummy experience in every bite!
You can improve the way that you feel by selecting the correct combination of ingredients in your recipes. Remember, you are the "creator" of your health, and I am a "creator" of easy, healthy, delicious, low cost and simple to make recipes, who also cares about your well-being!
ABC Coleslaw (Apple Bean Cashew)
- 200g Red Cabbage
- 200g White Cabbage
- 200g Carrots
- 1/2 apple Pippin apple
- 3 handfuls Cashew Nuts (Salted and Crushed)
- 200g Black Beans (Cooked)
- 3 spoonfuls Vegan Natural Yogurt
- 1 handful Fresh parsley (Chopped)
- 1/2 tea spoon Salt (Himalayan)
- 1/4 tea spoon Grounded Pepper
- 1/2 lemon Lemon Juice
1. Chop the red and white cabbage and the apple thinly and, grate the carrots. Put the vegetable in a big bowl.
2. Add the crushed cashew nuts and the black beans. The salted option is preferred in this recipe to boost the flavor.
3. Add the vegan yogurt with the chopped fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix very well. Taste it and add salt, pepper, or lemon to your liking.
Suitable for any time of the year, as our bodies need raw vegetables every day.
It is nutritionally complete to have as a meal (4 portions). It has good quality protein, fat, carbs, as well as plenty of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Suzy F. Lloyd