Watermelon Agua Fresca Bubble Tea (With Easy DIY Boba)
- 1 lb seedless watermelon pieces (without the rind)
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 5 tsp boiling water
For the agua fresca:
1. Cut the watermelon into small pieces making sure there’s no rind, place in blender.
2. Pour the lime juice into the blender.
3. If your watermelon pieces aren’t super ripe and sweet, add some agave.
4. Add water to the blender.
5. Blend until all the ingredients are combined.
For the boba pearls:
1. Combine 1/2 cup of tapioca flour with 5 tsp boiling water in a bowl. Whisk with a fork.
2. Once combined, use clean hands to knead the dough on a clean surface.
3. Flatten dough and cut into long strips. Cut the strips into small pieces.
4. Roll the pieces into balls and safely place in a pot of boiling water. Let cook for 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, use a slotted spoon to transfer boba into a bowl of water and ice to cool off.
6. Pour 1tbsp of agave into a new bowl.
7. Once the boba is cooled, transfer to the bowl of agave. Stir to coat the boba pearls.
8. Transfer boba into a cup, pour the agua fresca drink over the boba.
9. Add ice.
10. Finally, add a spring of mint on top.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Paige Butzlaff