Vegan Tofu Masala
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 300g (1 Pack) Hard Tofu
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (or vegan butter)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons (for powder only 1 Tablespoon) Curry Masala or Curry Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Yogurt/Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2.5 - 3 Cups Water
- to taste Salt, Pepper
- to taste Peanuts, cilantro
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter or oil, add the rice and mix well.
2. Add cumin, salt, and 2 cups of water.
3. Cook it for 5-10 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and let sit covered for another 10 minutes.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter or oil.
2. Cut the Tofu in cubes and add to the pan.
3. Fry until golden brown.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter or oil in a deep pan.
2. Fry the chopped onion until golden brown.
3. Add garlic, curry paste, yogurt and tomato paste and mix well.
4. Stir in the tofu.
5. Add 1/2 cup of water.
6. Cook for 5-7 minutes. If needed, add more water if the consistency is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Put the rice in a deep bowl and add the curry. Top it with a spoonful of coconut yogurt and enjoy!
Notes: I also like to add some peanuts and cilantro. For the coconut yogurt you can use store bought one, but it tastes even better if you make it yourself! 😊
Also by Rebecca: 5 High-Protein Vegan Snacks With Just 5 Ingredients
Related: Vegan Chana Masala
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Rebecca Willems