- 3 handfuls small GF pasta (macaroni, elbow, rotini, penne)
- 1 jar kalamata olives, pitted (use whole or sliced)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 small cucumber,diced
- 1 handful baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 block vegan feta (I used Violife), crumbled or cubed (optional)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Cook the pasta, al dente, according to package directions. Once cooked, rinse well under cool running water to keep the pasta from overcooking.
For the Greek salad:
In large serving dish, mix half of the pasta, olives, chickpeas, onion, red bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and squeeze of lemon and drizzle of oil, toss well to combine. Add vegan feta, toss again or leave as is. Taste for flavor, adding more salt, pepper, lemon or herbs if needed.
For the mayo salad:
In a medium bowl, combine vegan mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, oregano salt and pepper. Mix well.
In an other large serving dish, mix the other half of the pasta, olives, chickpeas, onion, red bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and the mayo sauce, toss well to combine.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth