Vegan Double Chocolate Pecan Brownies
- 2 Bars 90% Dark Chocolate
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Chia Gel
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Very Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Pecans (or any other nuts)
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 9×12 Brownie Pan
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
-Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
1. In a small pot, add the coconut oil and dark chocolate bars.
2. Melt the chocolate on medium heat while continuously stirring so the chocolate does not burn.
3. Once the chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mash the avocado until it is smooth with no chunks and set aside
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder using a whisk or electric mixer.
6. Add the honey, vanilla extract, mashed avocado and chia gel to the flour mix. Make sure to mix throughly in-between each ingredient addition.
7. Add the pecans and dried cranberries to the chocolate batter
8. Grab the brownie pan and oil and flour it with a little extra coconut oil and gluten free flour.
9. Pour the batter into the flour pan and sprinkle with a few extra pecans
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (check at 45 min and poke with toothpick, if it comes out clean you are good to go!)
11. Remove from heat and let cool for at least 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Arps