Now, let’s that and top it off with some fresh organic raspberries and make a completely guilt-free, gluten-free sweet treat!
Perfect with a hot cup of tea! Enjoy!
Vegan Pecan Crusted Raspberry tart
- 1 1/4 Cup Whole Pecans
- Just a pinch Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 1/4 tsp agar agar
- 1/4 Cup Honey (for crust)
- 2 Tablespoons Honey (for topping)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Raspberries (decoration)
- 4 Mini Pie Baking Pans
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Using a blender, grind the whole pecans until the consistency is light and fluffy like flour.
3. In a small bowl, combine the pecan flour with 1/4 cup of honey, vanilla extract and a pinch of nutmeg.
4. Keep folding this pecan mixture until it becomes a dough
5. Grab the mini pie baking cups and oil the bottom and sides of each pan with a small amount of coconut oil
6. Add about 1 Tablespoon of pecan dough to each pan and spread it evenly until is 1/2 inch thick across the bottom and sides of the pan (feel free to make the crust thicker is desired, just be aware that is will need to cook longer if you choose to do so)
7. Lower the heat on the stove to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 35 minutes
8. Once the crust is cooked, remove from the oven and let them cool completely while still in the tart pan
1. Using a blender, blend the vegan yogurt with 2 tablespoons of honey, raspberries and lemon juice.
2. Once everything is blended, add the agar agar and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the raspberry topping on top of the pecan crust and spread evenly.
4. Decorate the tops of the tarts with fresh raspberries. You can completely cover the top or just add a few!
More vegan pie recipes: Grain-free Vegan Chocolate Silk Pie
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Arps