We’ve had a very mild winter here in Virginia. Being a person who doesn’t tolerate the cold very well, I should be grateful, but I missed the snow! We had a small dusting this past weekend and it was so fun to bundle up and trudge around in with my dog, Harper. When we got back inside I decided to create my own snowballs, so I can always have some on hand in case an impromptu snowball fight breaks out indoors.
These Vegan Superfood Snowballs pair the flavors of vanilla, coconut, and lucuma to make a uniquely delicious combination! I bought a bag of the superfood fruit Lucuma powder a while back and haven’t used it enough, so I threw it in these Snowballs for extra antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals! I like to roll my “snowballs” in some shredded coconut for the full snowy effect, but they’re also great to eat straight from the blender base.
Vegan Superfoods Snowballs with Coconut & Lucuma
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined, pausing to scrape down the sides and recombine as needed.
2. Scoop the dough into ~1 TBS balls, roll into balls, and roll in shredded coconut for garnish.
3. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days!
Also by Lauren: Goji Berry Energy Bites
Related: Mango & Coconut Bliss Balls
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier