Tacos are one of our favorite meals at my house. Although, sometimes I can get a little bored with the standard taco ingredients:
Vegan ground beef, lettuce, vegan cheese, taco sauce and sour cream.
So tonight I made a potato version instead. Cooking the potatoes until they are nice and crispy and coupling them with refried and black beans for a boost of protein. As well as some sriracha vegan mayo that is surprisingly easy to whip up. Not only is this meal super quick to make, about one taco is enough to fill you up for the rest of the evening. The avocado added on top gives the meal that extra boost of antioxidants and superfood power.
Vegan Spicy Mayo Potato Tacos
- Six red potatoes
- One red bell pepper
- 15 oz can vegan refried beans
- 15 oz can black beans
- One bag lettuce
- One avocado
- One pack taco seasoning
- One pack tortillas
- Two tbsp olive oil
- One jar vegan mayo
- One tbsp sriracha
- Two tsp chilli powder
- One tbsp garlic powder
1. Start by boiling your potatoes for 15-20 minutes. this will help them cook faster when you through them on a skillet
2. Once the potatoes are almost ready, grab a medium skillet and turn on medium heat.
3. Chop red bell pepper and add to skillet with olive oil.
4. Now you can chop your potatoes and throw them in the skillet as well with the taco seasoning.
5. Mix this all together and then let the potatoes cook for 5-7 minutes before you flip. This will allow them time to get crispy!
6. While this is cooking, you can drain your black beans and throw them in a pot with the refried beans. Heat the pot on low and let the beans warm up.
7. One the potatoes are done and beans are heated you are ready for the mayo!
8. Mix the sriracha, chili and garlic powder with the vegan mayo in a bowl.
9. Now you are ready for assembly! Microwave the tortilla on a plate for 30 seconds.
10. Add the beans, potato mixture, spicy mayo and lettuce to the tortilla. Chop of some avocado to sprinkle on top and you are finished!