Pumpkin is not only delicious, but it also contains wonderful health benefits. The ½ cup of pumpkin used in this recipe contains 100% of your daily value of vitamin A. Additionally, it is very rich in fiber and antioxidants. In combination with the ground cinnamon and ginger, this smoothie works as an effective digestive aid.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Spiced Smoothie
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cubes ice
1. Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until it is creamy.
2. Pour into a glass, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
PS. You can give a spoonful of the leftover canned pumpkin to your cat or dog and they will be able to reap the same benefits as humans! You could also use it as a face mask.
More fall recipes: No Bake Pumpkin Brownies
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote