For an even riskier (but equally delicious) variation, swap the dates for pickles, and keep the apple if you're feeling brave. Sounds weird, tastes great. But for those who want to stick within a certain comfort zone, stick with the recipe below. I guarantee it will leave you coming back for more.
Vegan Sandwich Recipes: Tahini Panini
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 apple, sliced very thinly
- 1 medjool date
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted coconut shreds
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- pinch black salt
2. Spread half of your tahini onto it, then top with a layer of apple slices.
3. Chop or tear up your date, and layer it over apples.
4. Drizzle remaining tahini over the fruit.
5. Sprinkle coconut, chia seeds and black salt on top.
6. End with the second piece of bread.
7. Place sandwich in panini maker or sandwich press (if you don't have one, use a lightly oiled stovetop pan set over high heat).
8. Press sandwich for about 2 minutes, until bread is crispy.
9. Slice and serve.
Also by Quincy: Vegan Dessert Recipes: Gluten-Free Vegan Bundt Cake
Related: Vegan Superfood Toast
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas