One of my favorite things is a delicious pesto sauce. It becomes harder to make a good one when you eliminate dairy (Parmesan), but I have the solution–cashews! This recipe for vegan cashew pesto is by far one of the best recipes for pesto!
Cashews are more than a vegan’s go-to for creamy goodness, of course. These delicious nuts also offer nutritional value. Cashews are a source of vitamins E, K, and B6. They also contain minerals copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium.
When the rice and veggies are combined with the ultra-creamy cashew pesto, it creates one tasty and nutritious dinner! (Kid Approved)
Vegan Pesto Rice Casserole
- 3 cups organic jasmine rice
- 1 bag organic spinach
- 1 bag organic frozen broccoli
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes
- For the Cashew Pesto:
- 5 cloves organic garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups organic basil leaves
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- salt to taste
1. Start your rice cooking as well as your broccoli and spinach. There is definitely room for customization. Perhaps you like your veggies sautéed or prefer to lightly steam them–the choice is yours! Once everything is cooked to your liking, combine into one bowl. Add tomatoes.
2. Make your Cashew Pesto by combining all your ingredients into a blender or food processor. Salt to taste.
3. Once Pesto is finished combine in a bowl with rice, stir to mix. Serve hot!
Also by Ange: 5 Road Tested Recipes for the Traveling Vegan
Related: Greens and Grains Pesto Sautée
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Ange Alex