Cashews are more than a vegan's go-to for creamy goodness, of course. These delicious nuts also offer nutritional value. Cashews are a source of vitamins E, K, and B6. They also contain minerals copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium.
When the rice and veggies are combined with the ultra-creamy cashew pesto, it creates one tasty and nutritious dinner! (Kid Approved)
- 3 cups organic jasmine rice
- 1 bag organic spinach
- 1 bag organic frozen broccoli
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes
- For the Cashew Pesto:
- 5 cloves organic garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups organic basil leaves
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- salt to taste
2. Make your Cashew Pesto by combining all your ingredients into a blender or food processor. Salt to taste.
3. Once Pesto is finished combine in a bowl with rice, stir to mix. Serve hot!
Also by Ange: 5 Road Tested Recipes for the Traveling Vegan
Related: Greens and Grains Pesto Sautée
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Ange Alex