Vegan No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake with a Pretzel Crust and Chocolate Chunks
- For the Crust:
- 3 cups Pretzels
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Cashews
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1-2 handfuls Vegan Chocolate Chunks of Chips
2. Prepare the crust by placing 3 cups of pretzels in a blender or food processor. Process until mostly broken up (you can process further until completely changed into a crumb mixture if you prefer).
3. Add the processed pretzels to a bowl. Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together for 30-60 seconds in a separate bowl in the microwave and then mix into the pretzel mixture.
4. Prepare a loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper.
5. Press the pretzel, maple syrup and coconut oil mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan and place into the freezer.
6. While the crust sets, drain the cashews and add to a blender. Add in the vanilla, maple syrup, coconut milk and peanut butter. Blend until all the ingredients come together into a creamy mixture.
7. Pour the cashew mixture on top of the pretzel crust and then sprinkle as many chocolate chips or chunks on top as you like.
8. Return the entire recipe to the freezer to set for approximately 4 hours. I made this recipe and let it set overnight, but it doesn't take that long to set if you want it ready more quickly. Take it out and allow it to defrost on the counter for a few minutes before you lift the whole thing out of the loaf pan by lifting the parchment paper. Slice and enjoy!
Note: I would suggest slicing it completely if you want to return it to the freezer to store so that you can easily defrost only the slices you want at one at a time instead of freezing, defrosting and refreezing the whole thing each time.
Also by Colette: Vegan General Tso’s “Chicken”
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!Photos: Colette Goguen