I very rarely turn my oven on in the heat of the summer. I’m sure a lot of you feel the same way! The beautiful thing about eating whole, plant-based foods is that you can get by without an oven and simply enjoy them for what they are. Raw, crunchy, and bursting with nutrients. One of my go-to fast, easy, and inexpensive summer dishes is a bean salad. This one in particular is vibrant in color, packed with protein, and tangy. Enjoy it as your lunch or as a side with dinner. It’s also great for any late summer parties or cookouts. It is truly a dish that everyone will enjoy.
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2-3 celery stalks, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cucumber, diced into cubes
- 3-4 bok choy leaves, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain and rinse beans. Add to a large bowl. 2. Add your sliced tomatoes, corn, onion, celery, shredded carrot, bok choy, and cucumber. 3. Add apple cider vinegar, olive oil, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Give it a quick toss until everything is coated. Add more salt/pepper as needed (to your preference). 4. Cover and refrigerate before serving (or enjoy immediately!)
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bianca Cimini