I’ve made sliders in the past, but they’ve always taken so long to prepare, cook, and clean-up. Being a “get-it-done” in under half-an-hour type of cook, I was eager to create a recipe where this wasn’t the case. A couple minutes spent rifling through my cupboards procured a can of garbanzo beans. The wheels starting turning, and these sliders were born.
Start to finish, this recipe will take no more than 20 minutes, and you need only one bowl!
Not only is this recipe simple and fast, it’s also brimming with superfoods.
-Garbanzo beans for fiber, zinc, protein, iron, and healthy fats
-Maca for antioxidants and amino acids
-Tumeric for manganese, vitamin B6, and potassium
It’s delicious served with sweet & sour sauce and ketchup!
Simple Superfood Vegan Falafel Sliders
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Drain garbanzo beans.
2. In a large bowl, combine garbanzo beans, maca powder, turmeric, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. Using a fork or potato masher, combine all ingredients. The garbanzo beans should be smashed but still have texture.
4. Add coconut flour to the bowl and combine with a fork.
5. Heat 1/2 -1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
6. Using hands, make a small ball then smush it down so it’s roughly the size of your palm. (This recipe will make about 12 sliders.)
7. Place 4 or 5 sliders in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes each size. Replenish coconut oil each time you add new sliders to the pan.
Related: Black Bean Sweet Potato Sliders
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bella Gadsby