Vegan Dessert Recipes: Raw Chocolate Rose and Strawberry Pudding
- 2 avocados
- 250ml / 1 cup nondairy milk (almond is my favourite for this)
- 7-8 tbsp (or to taste) date syrup
- 4 tbsp cacao
- 0.5 to 1 tsp (depending how floral you want to go) rosewater
- 1 pod (or 1 tsp of extract will do in a pinch) vanilla
- 15 strawberries
- 200ml / about 0.8 cup coconut cream
- 2 handfuls flaked almonds
- 1 handful rose petals
1. First, make the strawberry layer. To do this, just whizz up the strawberries with 2 tbsp date syrup in a blender. It will be quite liquid; if you want something thicker and more syrupy, place it in a saucepan over low-medium heat until reduced. Cool before use. Alternatively, you can just skip the blending altogether and slice the strawberries instead.
2. To make the chocolate layer, blend the avocado, cacao, milk, rosewater, vanilla, and the remaining date syrup into a smooth pudding. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
3. Divide the strawberry and chocolate mixtures equally between two serving glasses, layering them however you like. Top with coconut cream, flaked almonds, and rose petals.