Vegan Dessert Recipes: Maple Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons cold vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 sweet potatoes*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold vegan butter
2. To prepare the crust, add the flour and salt to a bowl and mix. Using a fork, cut the cold butter into the flour. Slowly add the water until a ball of dough forms. Roll out the dough, set it in your pie pan, and place in the fridge to set until the potatoes are done cooking.
3. When the potatoes are complete, remove them from the oven and add them to a blender with all other filling ingredients. Blend until smooth and pour into crust.
4. To make the topping, mix together the oats, flour, and brown sugar. Use a fork to cut the butter into the mixture, leaving it chunky/crumbly.
5. Top the pie with the crumble and put it in the oven to bake for 55 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, let cool, and put in fridge to set for another few hours before serving. *Roasted and mashed, a little less than 3 cups.
Also by Lauren: Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
Related: Vegan Kabocha Squash Pie
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Sacerdote