With so many delicious and wholesome products on the market, like millet flour and coconut oil, you can create treats that rival any traditional recipe. This allergen-free and animal-friendly Gluten-Free Vegan Bundt Cake tastes as nice as it looks–especially accompanied with berries and perhaps some coconut cream. It’s high in fiber and low in sugar (although you can substitute the stevia for a different dry sweetener if you wish). This cake will surely be a welcome addition at your next gathering.
Gluten-Free Vegan Bundt Cake
- 1 can unsalted chickpeas
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup stevia baking blend, divided
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. flax meal
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 cup sweet white sorghum flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbs. orange zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Drain chickpeas and add brine to mixing bowl or blender to make your “aquafaba” egg replacement.
3. Mix on medium speed, slowly adding 1/3 cup stevia and cream of tartar.
4. Continue to blend aquafaba while you combine coconut oil and butter in separate bowl.
5. Beat until fluffy, then add remaining stevia and vanilla and beat for a few minutes more.
6. Fold in half of your aquafaba mixture (you can save the rest for another batch, or use as vegan marshmallow fluff).
7. Combine flax meal and water, then set aside.
8. Sift together flours, cornstarch and baking powders in another mixing bowl.
9. Mix dry ingredients, orange zest and flax meal into the wet ingredients, stirring very well until smooth.
10. Transfer batter into greased bundt pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
11. Let cool, and serve or store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Also by Quincy: Vegan Kamut Artichoke Risotto
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas