Vegan Dessert Recipes: Banana Bread Date Newtons
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
3. Mash the banana and add it into the mixing bowl to incorporate.
4. Slowly add in the flour until a dough forms.
5. Break the dough into two separate balls. Roll them each out into about 12x4 inch rectangles. Set aside.
6. Drain your pitted dates and add them to a blender with the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and water. Blend until smooth.
7. Spread the date mixture lengthwise onto the dough and fold the dough over the dates. Top with cinnamon.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes, remove from oven, and slice into small squares. Serve warm out of the oven!
Also by Lauren: Sweet Beet Soup With Coconut Crème Fraîche
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote