As someone with a major sweet tooth, I am always experimenting and looking for ways to make desserts healthy, so I knew that should be the focus of the class. The cookies I featured in class are sweetened with coconut sugar, which is low on the glycemic index, meaning that it won’t cause a huge spike in your blood sugar like standard white sugar will.
Everyone loved these cookies, and I’m sure you will, too. Serve these along with some homemade almond milk, and you have yourself a perfect, healthy dessert.
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/8 cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 Banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 6 Dark chocolate squares, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a small bowl, add the chia seeds and water. Stir and set aside until chia seeds absorb the water and become gelatinous.
3. In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5. Drop evenly sized scoops of the batter onto your cookie sheet (the batter will be a little sticky, but this is okay).
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Also by Kathryn: Baked Apple with Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Kathryn Farrugia