Kitchen Sink Bars
- 2 Flax eggs (1 tbs. flax meal + 3 tbs. water)
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Nut or seed butter of choice
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 tablespoon Dry sweetener of choice (I used a brown sugar/stevia blend)
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut (sweetened optional)
- 1/4 cup Non-dairy dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Non-dairy white chocolate, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350º F.
2. Combine flax eggs, applesauce, nut or seed butter, vanilla, and sweetener in mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, and baking powder.
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet, stirring well.
5. Slowly add milk, stirring as you go, until well-combined.
6. Fold in dried cranberries.
7. Transfer to oiled 8×8 inch baking pan.
8. Evenly sprinkle coconut, dark chocolate chips, and white chocolate chunks onto the batter (in that order).
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes (coconut should look slightly crispy).
10. Once cool, slice and serve!
Also by Quincy: Vegan Irish Vegetable Boxty
Related: Hormone Balancing Chocolate Fudge
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas