What are we all constantly searching for? Cookies that you can eat for breakfast. (Just me?) These banana chocolate chip cookies are lower in sugar, since bananas and coconut contribute to sweetness. Soft, chewy and filled with chocolate chips, enjoy these cookies with a glass of tall non-dairy milk to satisfy your chocolate cravings, any time of day.
Healthy Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon soy milk
- 1 cup flour (Your choice, but NOT coconut!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash the bananas. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla, and soy milk.
3. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, then add to the wet ingredients. Stir in coconut, oats, and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop out small domes on to parchment paper or a greased cookie plan. bake for about nine minutes, or just until the cookies begin to brown. As with most cookies, these are best under cooked.
Photo: Jessica Riley-Norton