These are perfect to eat in the morning as a small breakfast with your coffee or after dinner as a dessert with your tea. This recipe will make 8-12 biscotti pieces, depending on how thick you slice them. If you want them extra crunchy, I recommend slicing them on the thicker side. I like mine to be crunchy on the outside and a little bit chewy on the inside, so I sliced mine thicker. If you don’t have chocolate on hand, you can skip the drizzle, but I highly recommend it.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in the oil, vanilla, and almond milk.
3. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
4. Fold in the walnuts.
5. Pour batter into a lightly greased loaf pan. Depending on the size of the pan you use, you may need to divide the batter between two pans rather than one. I used the largest size I had and it worked just fine.
6. Bake for 25 minutes and remove from oven. Lower the oven to 275°F.
7. Let the loaf cool and slice into 8–12 slices. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for 15 more minutes, until each side is golden brown.
8. While the biscotti is cooling, prepare the chocolate drizzle. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and pour it into a ziplock bag.
9. Cut one corner off of a the bag and drizzle it over the biscotti.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote