- 1.5 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 baking sheet with a little oil.
2. Prepare your flax egg by mixing the ground flax with the water and set aside.
3. In a small pot over super low heat, melt the butter.
4. Add the butter, flax egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to a large bowl and mix together.
5. Add the flour and stir until mixed.
6. Fold in the cherries and the chocolate chips.
7. Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and let cool on a wire rack for about an hour before cutting and serving.
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote