Butternut Squash & Grapefruit Salad
- 1 small Butternut or Hokkaido squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 dl/person vegan yogurt
- 1 large grapefruit
- salt, pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Wash and slice up the butternut squash, remove the seeds and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
3. Drizzle with the olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper and cover them well on both sides. Then season them with cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and coriander seeds. Place it in the preheated oven and bake it until tender and the edges turn golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, you can prepare the grapefruit by removing the skin on the slices, so you only have the meat of the fruit.
5. Place the yogurt on a plate for each portion, top it with butternut squash slices and grapefruit. If you want to make it more picante, you can add thinly sliced red onion and parsley on top. I personally don’t like onions, but my family loves it that way.
Photo: Imola Toth