This salad combines hearty broccoli and pasta with fresh, crisp grapes to help your body smoothly transition from one season to the next. I have seen many variations of this salad prepackaged in the grocery store but they always contain some sort of mayo topping. I substituted this for plain oat milk yogurt and it worked out beautifully. Feel free to add in any other fruit or nuts that you would like to experiment with.
Sweet & Crunchy Vegan Broccoli Grape Almond Pasta Salad
- water to cover pasta
- 1/2 cup dry pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup plain oat yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- to taste salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup diced broccoli
- 1 1/2 cup sliced grapes
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Add the water to a small pot and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 7–10 minutes, until pasta is ready.
2. Strain pasta and run under cold water to cool. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the pasta and all of the veggies and toss.
5. Pour the yogurt mix over the salad and stir well.
6. Serve cold.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote