Vegan Black Rice Bliss Bowl
- 1/2 cup black rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup kimchi
- 1 small Persian cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 handful frozen broccoli florets
- 1 handful frozen baby carrots
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into triangles
- 2 tbs gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbs Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp flaxseed oil
- 1 tbs sweet and sour chili papaya chutney
1. Start with marinating the tofu. Cut the block into half then cut off triangles. Place them into a bowl or container and marinate in the soy sauce + Worcestershire sauce mixture.
2. Prepare the black rice according to package instructions.
3. In a pan, bring the cup of water to a boil and cook the frozen broccoli florets and baby carrots until they soften. Set aside once done.
4. Using the same pan, start to fry the marinated tofu triangles. About 5 minutes both sides.
5. Transfer the rice to a plate, top it with the cooked veggies, tofu and kimchi, and peel the cucumber ribbons on top as well. Drizzle the flaxseed oil over it and put some chutney on top.
You can use any kind of chutney here, I like to combine sweet and sour with the spiciness of the kimchi and the quite salty taste of the marinated tofu.
Photo: Imola Toth