This recipe for spring rolls is very easy to make and visually pleasing. They make a great addition to any potluck or appetizer table. I brought these over to a friend’s pool get together and they were a hit. The raw, crunchy vegetables were refreshing on a hot day and the dipping sauce adds a little bit of zest. You can certainly experiment with what vegetables you use. I chose mine based on color. The variety of colors not only looks pretty but you are also taking in all the antioxidants and phytonutrients from the plants that give them their color so eat up!
Rainbow Spring Rolls w/ Carrot Ginger Sauce
- 15 Spring roll rice wrappers
- 1/4 head Red cabbage
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 block Tofu
- Carrot Ginger Dipping Sauce:
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- to taste Sea salt
1. Cut the carrots, cucumber and red pepper into long, thin pieces and separate the cilantro leaves from the stems
2. Keeping the shape of the tofu, wrap it in a clean kitchen towel and gently press out the moisture. Cut the tofu into long, rectangular blocks.
3. Get your station ready by laying out all your cut vegetables and tofu
4. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Quickly submerge the rice wrapper in the water until it begins to soften.
5. Lay flat on your surface and place the veggies and tofu in the middle. Fold over the right end to cover the bottom of the veggies and then roll up from the bottom.
6. Continue with the rest of the veggies and tofu.
7. For the dipping sauce, simply add all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Kathryn Farrugia