- 1 8-oz. pkg. tempeh, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tamari lite
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- bunch asparagus
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- to taste Himalayan sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- 2 giant handfuls arugula
2. Heat pan over medium high and add avocado oil. Once warm, add marinated tempeh. Cook 5 minutes on each side, frequently brushing with leftover marinade so they don't dry out.
3. Steam asparagus on stovetop for 3-5 minutes, until vibrant green and tender.
4. Slice heirloom tomato.
5. To make the dressing add tahini - black pepper to a high-speed blender and pulse until smooth.
6. To assemble the BLAT bowls, divide arugula between two bowls and top with steamed asparagus, sliced tomato, and tempeh bacon. Garnish with tahini dressing, Serve immediately.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Quinoa Salad with Peaches and Pepitas
Related: Vegan Tempeh BLT Wrap
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier