Adding a variety of vegetables makes this recipe taste great, but the quiche's filling is nutritious on its own. Vegetable broth is nutrient-dense, containing vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, iron, and magnesium. Nutritional yeast gives the quiche a cheese-y flavor, golden color, and (most importantly) nutrients! As a popular source of plant-based protein, nutritional yeast also provides B vitamins and trace minerals.
I used a pre-made pie crust, but I'm sure that a homemade crust would make this quiche taste even better!
Simple Vegan Tofu Vegetable Quiche
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 1 14-oz. block of firm tofu
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- drizzle olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- to taste black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons diced onions
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Bake empty pie shell for 5 minutes.
3. While the pie shell is baking, chop the vegetables. Put them in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add tofu, vegetable broth, olive oil, nutritional yeast, and seasonings to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, and be sure to scrape the sides of the blender if necessary.
5. Pour the blended mixture over the vegetables and mix together. Pour this into the pre-baked pie shell.
6. Bake for 45–65 minutes. My quiche took about 60 minutes total, but I recommend checking it periodically to make sure it doesn’t overbake. Ideally, the top will be golden brown, and the insides will be firm. Enjoy!
Note: Feel free to substitute the vegetables as needed! I used about 1 cup total.
Also by Cassidy: Queen Elizabeth’s Favorite Cake, Veganized (Chocolate Biscuit Cake)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Cassidy Klingman