There are three ways to make almond butter!
Almond butter made with
- Raw almonds
- Soaked and dehydrated almonds
- Roasted almonds
I'll give directions on how to make these three different ways!
-- Raw Almond Butter
1. Place the 3 1/2 cups of raw almonds in a high-speed blender or food processor with the S blade.
2. It will take a total of 15 to 20 minutes to make it smooth and creamy, so be patient!
3. In the first 5 minutes, it will become crumbly. After about 10 minutes, it will slowly start to get thick and clumpy. After about 15 to 20 minutes, it should start to get creamy and almond buttery!
** Scrape down the sides with a spatula every 4 to 5 minutes.
-- Soaked + Dehydrated Almond Butter
1. Place 3 1/2 cups of raw almonds in a large glass bowl and cover with filtered water, about 1 inch of water. Soak for about 12 hours.
2. Drain and rinse then transfer to dehydrator trays. Dehydrate for about 18 - 20 hours.
3. When the almonds are dry enough, transfer to a food processor or high speed blender. Blend for about 15 to 20 minutes. Scrape sides every 5 minutes.
-- Roasted Almond Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Spread out the 3 1/2 cups of raw almonds on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Let the almonds cool for about 10 minutes then transfer the freshly roasted almonds to food processor or high speed blender. Blend for about 10 - 15 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides if needed.
Transfer the homemade almond butter into clean air tight glass jars, will last up to 2 - 3 weeks, but I'm sure it'll only last for a couple of days...
Also by Jessie: Raw Vegan Tomato Pesto Pasta
Raw Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies
Related: 15 Easy Vegan Meals with Common Ingredients
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Jessie Brown