This recipe is the lovechild of a random craving for plantain chips and my constant craving for chocolate and peanut butter.
These chocolatey plantain bites are a groovy combination of sweet and salty that’ll have your taste buds thanking you. They’re satisfying, rich, and crispy treats and are perfectly sized party snacks.
Not only are these tasty but they’re made from cacao powder, which is a powerful superfood that’s filled with iron, antioxidants, magnesium, and calcium.
Vegan Chocolate Plantain Chips With Raw Cacao
- 3 tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 1 small handful Crushed Plantain Chips
- 25 chips Plantain Chips
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Butter
- 1.5 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Date Nectar
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Brown Sugar (optional)
1. Add cacao powder, coconut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, date nectar*, and brown sugar to a small pot.
2. Over low heat stir ingredients with a wooden spoon until everything is combined.
3. Remove pot from heat.
4. Add crushed plantain chips ad stir to combine.
5. Roll the mixture into small balls.
6. Place each ball on a plantain chip, using a bit of peanut butter as “glue.”
Crunch and enjoy!
*Can substitute maple syrup for date nectar
Also by Bella: Easy Three-Ingredient Vegan Ice Cube Fudge
Related: Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Hearts
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bella Gadsby