Vegan & Gluten-Free Matcha Superfood Granola
- 1 cup Oats (Gluten Free)
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/8 cup Coconut Oil
- small handful Hazelnuts
- small handful Almonds
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Black sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Matcha Powder
- pinch Salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine the oats, coconut flakes, hazelnuts*, almonds*, brown sugar, and black sesame seeds.
3. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove in a small pot.
4. Combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt in a small bowl.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients in the large bowl.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper** and spread the mixture evenly on it.
7. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn the oven off, keep the tray in the oven for 20/30 minutes.
8. Put mixture back in the large bowl, add the matcha powder, and stir to combine.
Store in an airtight container. Good for a few weeks. Enjoy!
*I used hazelnuts and almonds. Any nut(s) or seeds should work well.
**The parchment paper can be composted after you are done!
Related: Low-Sugar Granola Bars
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bella Gadsby