Recipe like this is perfect for those times when you want to eat lighter and get those vegetable servings in.
This low-carb broccoli couscous tabbouleh makes an amazing healthy side dish. Believe it or not, it makes a satisfying stand alone meal.
The homemade dressing is to die for! Simple, dairy-free with wholesome ingredients that comes together in about 30 seconds, and you can use it with basically any meal; from pasta to potato salads and also as a dip for tortilla chips.
Perfect for your raw vegan diet needs as very high in protein and in healthy fats.
Store tabbouleh in an air tight container. Stored properly, it will last in the fridge for two days. However, I recommend you eat it within the same day as the cucumbers will release a lot of juice.
Low-Carb Broccoli Tabbouleh (Raw Vegan)
- 1/2 Medium head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 1/2 cups Parsely, finely chopped
- 1/2 Large cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon Freshly squeezed lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 4 + more to garnish Sun-dried cherry tomatoes
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch Sea salt
- To taste Cracked pepper
- A dash Smoked paprika
1. Place broccoli florets in a food processor and pulse until a consistency similar to couscous is reached.
2. In a large bowl, combine broccoli with parsely and diced cucumber. Add seasoning and taste. Strain out any excess liquid before serving as broccoli tends to get a bit watery.
3. To prepare the thick creamy dressing, add sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, sun-dried cherry tomatoes, garlic, cracked pepper and apple cider vinegar in a food processor. Add almond milk and blend until thick and smooth, adding more by the tablespoon if too thick. Season with salt if needed.
4. Spoon the broccoli tabbouleh into serving bowls and drizzle with your sunflower seed creamy dressing. Squeeze some fresh lemon, garnish with a sun-dried cherry tomato and sprinkle a dash of smoked paprika.
5. Enjoy your healthy raw nutritious meal!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Roberta Farrugia