Leftover Saver Casserole (GF Vegan)
- 2 cups leftover rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finelly chopped
- 2–3 cups all together leftover of frozen veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots, celery, spinach
- 1.5 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup cashew cream
- 1/2 cup GF nutrtional yeast
- 1 can beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp GF tamari or soy sauce
- 1 cup GF bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a pan or pot, heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil, add onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add veggie broth and mix in vegetables. Depending if you use precooked leftovers of frozen leftovers, cook for another 2–10 minutes.
3. Mix in cashew cream, nutritional yeast and tamari or soy sauce. Season with salt if needed but soy sauce should be salty enough.
4. Mix in rice and beans and give it a good stir so the sauce covers everything evenly.
5. Transfer the mixture into an oven safe dish. I like to use glass dishes for casserole.
6. In a smaller bowl mix together GF bread crumbs and oil and sprinkle it evenly over the top.
7. Bake for about 20–25 minutes.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth