Alternating whiffs of autumn-inspired seasonings highlighting the perfectly balanced sweet tartness of crisp ripe apples, intermingling so very delicately with fresh pears bursting with flavor, and a little raspberry for an added layer of flavor.
Delicious straight from the oven, sweet hot goodness. Delicious by themselves, as a side, even as a dessert.
This recipe has all of the key ingredients needed for an amazing dish. Just one bite of this outstanding medley of flavors and you’ll enjoy perfection, at least I think so.
Oven roasted- I need to mention the importance of oven roasting anything, it only enhances the natural goodness and brings out a richness that would otherwise would lay dormant.
Personally I love oven roasting everything. You’re only adding more flavor and nuance to whatever it is that you’re creating.
I wanted to share with you the reasons why I picked the particular fruits that I did.
Pears and apples have various varieties. I tried several, and chose these particular ones because I think they individually bring outstanding characteristics to the dish. Let me share with you why I chose these particular fruits and some of their highly beneficial ingredients.
Health benefits of apples:
Gala Apples– are uniquely crisp tasting, containing vitamins C and A, and potassium. They are natural antioxidants that help to reduce the risk of cancer. They also contain fiber which helps to reduce blood pressure.
Granny Smith Apples– are tarter than other varieties of apples. They are great for weight loss, full of fiber which helps to make you feel full longer. The tartness of this particular apple makes it great for breaking down bacteria in the mouth. After a meal, snack on a granny smith apple, to help keep your mouth as clean and fresh as possible.
Cloves– are an excellent source of manganese and Vitamins K and C. They are great for treating dental disorders, and helpful for the proper functioning of the heart and stomach. They also boost memory and blood circulation. They also have antiseptic properties that help to fight bodily infections.
Try this oven roasted fruit dish and simply enjoy, offering you a momentary repose from your hectic day 🙂
Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Clove Infused Oven Roasted Fruit
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 Gala Apples
- 2 Korean Pears
- 1 Anjou Pear
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- ½ cup Mixed nuts (Walnut, pecan, and peanut)
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Peel and dice the apples and pears. Place the apples and pears in a casserole dish, cut side up.
3. Place the raspberries on top.
4. Then add ½ cup of mixed nut mixture over the top. I purchased a pecan, walnut, and peanut mix pre-chopped, ready to go. Feel free to chop your own.
5. Mix the coconut sugar, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon together in a bowl and sprinkle on top.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
7. Sprinkle with the orange juice.
8. Heat the broiler and place the fruit about 5 inches below the heat and broil for 5 minutes.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutmeg Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!