- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons flour of choice (I used gluten-free quinoa flour)
2. Slice potatoes into 1/2-1/4-inch thick rounds. Spread slices evenly on greased or non-stick baking sheet.
3. Combine non-dairy milk, vegan butter, and garlic in a saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
4. Once butter has melted, mix in salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and flour (one at a time). Whisk well to ensure there are no clumps.
5. Remove sauce from heat and pour over potato slices. Stir once or twice to ensure potatoes are all coated with sauce.
6. Place in the oven for 60 minutes.
7. Turn oven off and leave potatoes to set for about 10 minutes more. Remove from oven, let cool, and serve.
Also by Quincy: Hearty Vegan "Meat" and Ale Pie
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas