Vegan Green Goddess Pesto Pasta (With Basil And Cilantro)
- 2 cups choice of short pasta (precooked)
- Zest of 1 whole unwaxed lemon
- Half a lemon fresh juice
- Handful of cilantro
- Handful of basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grounded white sesame seeds (toasted)
- Drizzle olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Salt pepper to taste
- 3x garlic cloves (minced)
- Handful cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- Handful pumpkin seeds (toasted) - for topping
1. Wash and pat dry your fresh basil leaves (separating them from stems) and cilantro.
2. Zest your unwaxed lemon, deseed them and squeeze out fresh juice from half of it. (you can save half for other recipes/ cut them into wedges and store it for your morning lemon water or keep it in the fridge as a natural fridge deodorizer)
3. In your food processor, blitz up your basil, cilantro, lemon zest, juice, toasted grounded white sesame seeds, olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper until you have your very own green goddess pesto—it’s that simple!
4. While pre cooking your pasta, on a hot pan, add another drizzle of olive oil and sauté your minced garlic and cherry tomatoes.
5. When everything is cooked, simply toss in your cooked pasta and pesto with your garlic cherry tomatoes and top it with toasted pumpkin seeds. Yum!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bel Faustino