Golden Garlic Turmeric Fried Rice (GF Vegan)
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice (cold)
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 7 cloves garlic, sliced
- 100 g broccolini, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
1. This recipe works best with cold, leftover rice. If you don’t have any on hand, you can cook fresh rice, spread it evenly on a tray, and put it in the fridge until it is cold and dry.
2. Prep the onions, garlic, broccolini, and bell peppers.
3. Heat 1.5 tbsp oil on medium-high heat in a large frying pan or a wok. Add onions and garlic, stirring until the onions are transparent and garlic is golden brown.
4. Turn up the heat to maximum, then add broccolini and bell peppers. Constantly stir until lightly charred, around 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the rest of the cooking oil in the middle of the wok (push veggies aside to the edges). Add the rice, breaking it up with a spatula. Continue cooking until the rice is hot.
6. Add ground turmeric and mix well until the rice is well coated.
7. Season with salt, to taste. Serve!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Shu-Chun Chuang