- 1 10oz package mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup red peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup purple onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- about ten sprigs fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
2. In a separate saucepan, pour in the vinegar, water, lemon juice, and sugar. Simmer over low heat for a couple minutes, just to let the flavors infuse.
3. Strain the mushrooms and put them in a 16 oz mason jar.
4. Add the red peppers, onion, peppercorns, basil, garlic, and thyme to the mason jar. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the hot vinegar mix into the mason jar. Let this cool before you cover it and put it in the fridge overnight to marinate. These can be served alone, on top of a salad, with rice, or along side a Mediterranean plate.
Also by Lauren: Pineapple Coconut Fried Rice Boats
Related: "Ricotta" Stuffed Cremini Mushrooms
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Sacerdote