They are beyond satisfying and the easiest to take with you to work as they don't require much space when packing away. It's great with fresh salad. Be sure to add just a bit of sauce to each muffins so they won't get too mushy, they stay firm and the top stays crispy.
GF Vegan Spaghetti Alla Carbonara Baskets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 block smoked tofu, finely cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup soy cream
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- to taste salt, pepper
- on top smoked vegan cheese
- 250g GF spaghetti
1. Prepare the spaghetti according to package instruction. Preserve the cooking water in case you’ll need it later.
2. I used silicone muffin forms as it is the easiest to remove the nests once cooled down but you can also grease a muffin tin for this.
3. Once the spaghetti is rinsed and drained, arrange them in the muffin forms evenly, making sure there will be enough space for the tofu and peas as well.
4. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180°C.
5. In a smaller pan, heat up oil and sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and stir for 1–2 minutes more until fragrant. Add the tofu and fry until it start to become crispy.
6. Add the frozen peas and the soy cream, veggie broth and season with salt and pepper. If needed you can add more of the pasta water. Cook until peas are tender.
7. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti baskets evenly.
8. Place the muffin tin in the oven for about 20–30 minutes.
Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool completely before removing the nests from the forms.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth