- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- to replace 1 egg egg replacement
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chopped dry parsley
- to taste salt, pepper
- for serving vegan sour cream
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
1. Using a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, egg replacement (I like to use “Eggie” as it is very easy to mix the powder with water), flour, chili, garlic and parsley till combined. The mixture should be thick and should hold its shape. If its too loose, add a tablespoon of a flour at a time (this will depend on the consistency of your potatoes)
2. Use a spoon to scoop out the mixture and form it into patties. You don’t need to make large ones, but the size also depends on how the mixture holds together. I made ones half of the size of my palm.
3. Heat oil over slow heat in a large pan and fry the patties in a single layer on each side for5 minutes till golden brown on both sides.
4. Serve hot with vegan sour cream.
Also by Imola: Vegan Hungarian Sweet Rolls Filled With Jam
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth