- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove small garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 large tomato, peeled, diced
- 1 cup coocked chickpea
- 1-2 slices crusty gluten free bread
- to garnish fresh parsley
- to garnish olives, halved
- 1/4 tsp sugar
1. Heat up the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add shallots and fry gently, stirring frequently, until almost translucent. Add garlic and fry until shallots are completely translucent and garlic is softened. Add all the spices to the pan. Mix them into the onion and garlic mixture and fry off gently for 1-2 minutes stirring the whole time. Add chopped and peeled tomato to the pan with a couple of tablespoons of water. Simmer on low-medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
3. Mix in cooked chickpeas and let them warm through in the sauce. Season with salt, sugar and black pepper.
4. Serve on toasted bread with a sprinkle of fresh herbs and a few black olives.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth