This is a great way to use up some of your fruit from apple picking. You can make your own cider by pressing some apples and mulling the juice with some spices, and you can easily throw a few apples in the blender to make applesauce. You can, of course, use store-bought cider and applesauce if you would like to save a little time. I sprinkled my cake with cinnamon and sugar but it would also be nice to have it with some sort of glaze.
Vegan Apple Cider Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the sugar coating:
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together (the flour to the salt).
3. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, cider, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour into bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for about 15 minutes, before flipping out of pan. Once removed, let cool completely.
7. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote