I love to enjoy it with a side of gluten-free toasted bread, with vegan butter, sprinkled with salt and paprika powder. We literally call is salt and paprika.
- 1 can canellini beans
- ½ small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- ¼ cup wine (red or white, depends on you)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 cup veggie broth
- gluten-free bread or baguette
- paprika powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a medium pot heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions and sauté until they start to are translucent. Add garlic and thyme and cook for another minute.
3. Deglaze the pan with wine (works great with both red and white wine, depends on your mood or taste), cook for another minute before adding in the tomato puree, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, beans, and veggie stock.
4. Mix in sugar and season with salt and pepper.
5. Let it simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. At the end toast your bread, serve it with margarine, salt and paprika powder sprinkled on top or just simply rub a cleaned garlic over the hot toast.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth