Festive Vegan French Toast (Try it Air Fried!)
- ¼ cup oat milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Zest of one orange (save some for topping)
- Pinch of salt
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2x white sandwich slices
- Fresh berries (to serve)
- Maple or agave syrup (to drizzle)
1. On a shallow plate, combine your oat milk, cinnamon powder, 1 tbsp agave syrup, vanilla extract, all purpose flour, orange zest, pinch of salt, turmeric powder and whisk well.
2. Cut your sandwich slices into half triangles.
3. Dip and soak each side with the batter and transfer quickly onto your air fryer basket.
4. Air fry for 4–5 minutes each side at 180–200°c until golden brown.
5. If you want to be more festive, cut your half triangles into half again and line them up as a Christmas tree, using fresh blueberries as ornaments, drizzle over some agave or maple syrup and remaining orange zest as topping and enjoy!
Also by Bel: Vegan Full English Breakfast Wrap To Go
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bel Faustino