I used yellow tomatoes in this recipe but you can use any type of tomatoes you can get your hands on. I also used honey crisp apples but again, you can use whatever you have access to. Soup is forgiving and hard to mess up so feel free to play around with different flavors. Served with a side salad or a grilled cheese, this makes for the perfect fall meal.
Creamy Vegan Tomato Apple Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 6 large tomatoes, quartered (about 7 cups)
- 3 apples, diced
- 2 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. Add coconut oil to a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes, until soft.
3. Add the tomatoes and apples and stir. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until apples soften.
4. Add the vegetable broth and spices and bring to a broil. Reduce to a simmer and let flavors infuse for another 10 minutes.
5. Use a hand blender to blend into a smooth soup. If you don’t have a hand blender, let cool before pouring into a blender.
6. Top with rosemary and cracked black pepper.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote