This creamy, mushroom-based cannellini bean and spinach soup is a great accompaniment to any meal but is hearty enough to stand alone as a main dish. It's thick, creamy, and satisfying—not to mention, it comes with added health perks! Mushrooms are one of the few natural plant-based sources of dietary vitamin D, which is especially crucial during the seasons when we get less sun. Baby bella mushrooms are also a great source of potassium and phosphorus, among other important nutrients. This soup is a great immune booster to help stave off colds and other viruses in the winter and year-round.
Creamy Vegan Cannellini And Spinach Mushroom Soup
- 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups (about 3 handfuls) spinach
- 1 cup plant-based milk (oat, soy, etc.)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Add all ingredients except for the spinach and cannellini beans to a large blender, and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer contents of blender to a medium pot.
3. Stir in spinach and cannellini beans.
4. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Courtney Renee