Anyone else remember those red, white and blue rocket pops as a kid? They bring back summer nostalgia for me and were the inspiration for these vegan red, white and blueberry popsicles. This recipe is a whole-foods, refined sugar-free version that’s colored naturally with fruit. The timing is perfect as beautiful New England is rolling into a plus-90-degree heat wave this weekend right before the 4th of July and I’m rolling into my third trimester. I’m not going to complain about the heat though because if you’ve followed my recipes over the last few months, you’ll remember that I was itching for winter to break. So, I won’t complain about the sun and heat but instead I’ll be resourceful with recipes for frozen treats.
You will need a set of reusable of popsicle molds for this recipe, and there are a lot of online options for purchase. I found my set on Amazon and I’m certain that I’ll be using them a lot this summer.
Vegan Red, White and Blueberry Popsicles
- 1 cup Strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 Banana
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 5 tablespoons Orange Juice
1. Add the chopped strawberries and 3 tablespoons of orange juice to a high powered blender. Blend on high until a puree forms.
2. Fill each popsicle mold approximately 1/3 full with the strawberry mixture.
3. Clean the blender and then add the banana and coconut milk. Blend again on high until the banana and coconut milk is in a puree form.
4. Fill approximately the next 1/3 of each popsicle mold with the banana/coconut milk mixture.
5. Wash the blender again and then add the blueberries and 2 tablespoons of orange juice. Blend on high until the blueberries are pureed.
6. Fill the last 1/3 of each popsicle mold with the blueberry mixture.
7. Secure the tops of the popsicle molds and place all six molds in the freezer overnight, or for at least several hours to set.
8. Remove the molds from the freezer. You may need to run the molds under cold water to loosen the mold from the popsicle. Enjoy!
Also by Colette: Vegan Roasted Fig & Raspberry Galette With Coconut Whipped Cream
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Colette Goguen