The rich, nutty flavor of peanut butter works well with spices like cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg, and the little bit of salt balances out the sweetness. Unlike most peanut butter cookie recipes, you don't have to chill the dough, so they're ready in just a few minutes and will fill your home with the most festive fragrance.
If you want them a little softer, bake for only 10 minutes. If you like a little crunch, bake for 13-15, but be sure to keep an eye on them.
1-Bowl Vegan Spiced Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, coconut sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Add in the flour, baking soda, salt (if the peanut butter is unsalted), and spices. Mix together to form a thick dough.
4. Roll the dough into 1″ thick balls and flatten onto a baking sheet in a cross-cross shape using a fork. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
5. Bake for 13 minutes.
Also by Addie: Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Addie Zoller