In contrast to the traditional blondie, the pumpkin puree gives these bars a gooey texture that balances well with the earthy flavor brought on by the spices and almond extract. The softened butter in the batter melts the chocolate chips slightly when you fold them in, so they swirl through the batter and melt in your mouth when they're ready.
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup, softened vegan butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 9″x13″ pan with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Mix in coconut sugar and brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, almond milk, softened butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients until a thick batter forms then slowly fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread the batter evenly into pan and bake for 35 minutes.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Addie Zoller